Hokusai's The Great Wave off Kanagawa Temporary Tattoo (Set of 3)
Japanese ukiyo-e artist Hokusai's The Great Wave off Kanagawa temporary tattoo.
Certain pieces of art make an indelible impression on us from the very first moment we see them. Whether it’s the colors, imagery, symbolism, or story behind the piece, art has the remarkable ability to transport us to a different reality. Many people feel this way about Hokusai’s breathtaking work. The Great Wave off Kanagawa, also known as The Great Wave or simply The Wave, is a woodblock print published sometime between 1829 and 1833 as the first print in Hokusai's series Thirty-six Views of Mount Fuji.
If you feel a deep connection to this piece, you might even consider getting it inked on your skin, so you can carry your favorite image with you everywhere you go. It’s a bold move, so it is a smart idea to try out this design before making a commitment. That’s where our The Great Wave Off Kanagawa temporary tattoo comes in!
Our Hokusai fake tattoo features a realistic replica of this famous woodblock print in full color. It comes in a set of three, so you’ll have plenty of chances to try out placements and see how this design looks on your skin. If you prefer a more minimalistic design, check out our Small Great Wave Circle fake tattoo in black ink.
This Hokusai’s Great Wave adhesive tattoo holds deep symbolism. It is famous for the dynamic movement it contains, showing an enormous wave just before it topples over. Below the wave, we see tiny fishing boats. This is a poignant reminder that humans, despite all our strength and technology, are still subject to nature’s might.
- Set of three.
- Size: 1.8 in x 2.8 in / 4.5 cm x 7 cm
- Don't hold back! FREE SHIPPING in orders over US$13
- 10% DISCOUNT if your cart exceeds US$20, use code: 20PLUS
- Last on average 2-5 days.
- Safe & non-toxic
- FDA-compliant and fun for all ages
- We suggest placing on oil-free areas where skin does not stretch and keep them clean!
- It will last longer if it is applied to a part of your body that doesn’t rub against straps or clothing.
- Do not apply near eyes or on sensitive skin.